JR Mural at Bowery and Houston

JR

JR

Comments

Shawn said…
We walked by here last night! There are also a couple over by Wooster and Grand. What do you think about the white paint on them? I kind of think it would be more powerful without the added touch of the paint.
When I saw this in my reader just now, I thought "Wow, Shawn got those negatives back quickly!" We really do run in the same circles.
Yes, it's a wonder we don't run into each other more often.

Shawn, we thought the white paint was necessary for people who don't know the larger project and thus might not know what they're looking at. Have you been to see the "Through a Mother's Eyes" pieces in the South Bronx yet?
Shawn said…
Good point and it probably is more eye-catching. I'll post a few today from Soho.

I haven't been out to the Bronx installation, but it looks amazing. Those look more like traditional JR pieces. I need to get out there this week!

Popular Posts