Cafe Sabarsky

Erdäpfelgröstl Mit Speck Und Rührei, Cafe Sabarsky

Café Sabarsky ranks as perhaps the most elegant place to eat breakfast in this town. ("Indulgent," as our friend Howard described his morning repast, also fits perfectly.) Attached to the Neue Galerie, the cafe is modeled on those paeans to relaxation and civilization found in Vienna, with wood paneling, softly lit sconces, and windows overlooking Central Park. In settings such as this, it hardly matters what we ate, but for the record: scrambled eggs with bacon, a bread basket featuring sweet ring cake and nutty startches, Bavarian ham and cheese, and a kaffee crème. We read the papers on offer, sipped slowly, and thought seriously about never leaving.  

Frühstücksbrotkorb Mit Butter, Marmalade, Honig Und Guglhupf, Cafe Sabarsky

Schinken- Und Käseplatte, Cafe Sabarsky

Kaffee, Cafe Sabarsky

Comments

E. said…
WHY did I discover your blog after I came back from NY? We've talked with my boyfriend about how next time we'll plan our visit including plenty of your suggestions!
I seem to only eat desserts when I am here! But these look amazing and maybe when I visit solo in May to the Met, I will try breakfast finally! Love this place to the max! Hope you are both doing well!!
@sexta-feira: Thanks. Always happy to make suggestions!

@NYC, Style and a little Cannoli: Oh, yes, the desserts are good too. Fewer folks during breakfast, though. Hope you're well too!
Anonymous said…
My favorite meal......would be nice to share with my favorite people......must plan a trip! l&mu sta
Indeed! Can't wait to hear about your plans in May.

Popular Posts