Lunch Hour at the New York Public Library

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour NYC, on display at the New York Public Library through the 17th of February, showcases artifacts from the past century and a half of New York lunches. Automats, power lunches, luncheonettes, and lunch boxes all make an appearance, highlighting the vitality and diversity of the midday meal in a city that never slows down.

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Lunch Hour, NYPL

Overpriced
  

Comments

Rosa said…
Ha! Gorgeous stuff! I had to look up "CHOLENT."
donuts4dinner said…
So good! I want some sandwiches and pies. And to measure things in grams. I'm not going to look up "cholent", though, because I'm pretty sure I don't want to know.
Thanks, and thanks. Apologies to our grandma / grandma in law, but cholent is the worst! Stay away! This photo is close enough!

Popular Posts